[KDE/Mac] Poll: Of Qt and KDE applications on OS X, and the About/Preferences menu.

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Tue Sep 16 00:12:41 UTC 2014

On Sep 15, 2014, at 3:07 PM, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Monday September 15 2014 16:30:58 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> You don't need a poll for this. There are OS X interface conventions (including menu arrangement) that programs should conform to in order to be good OS X citizens.
>
> I you want to look at it that way, you may take this for a poll to what extent the users (= those to whom MacPorts caters and for whom it exists) find "OS X citizenship" important.
>
> Given how no one seems to have taken the trouble to beat the myriad of gnome, gtk and X11 applications in MacPorts into being "good OS X citizens", I'm guessing that isn't the most important consideration around.

I don't know where this thread is going but I for one find Qt applications as a group to be a litany of horrible insults to Mac conventions, so anything that you can do to make one more Mac-like is good. How about starting with closing the front Mac window with Command-w. That's been around only since May, 1984.

Jerry