[KDE/Mac] Help with installation on Xquartz via Fink

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 09:46:36 UTC 2014

Hi,

What Qt and KDE versions are you using?
Qt4 no longer builds for X11 on OS X since version 4.4.x or so, and that limits the version of KDE you can use.
Q_WS_X11 being obsolete on OS X, KDE has been moving to a more native/integrated approach on OS X too. So recent kde-workspace packages (which contain kwin) will, on OS X, not build kwin and other parts that require X11 ... but are you using those or older versions?

R..