[KDE/Mac] Giving up on kdeinit4 and friends

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Mon Sep 1 08:42:44 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 01. September 2014, 10.26:36 schrieb Mario Fux:

Morning again

> > > I guess posting a review request with your fix is probably the best way
> > > to handle this and get feedback?!
> >
> > And that's impractical because I don't know if kdepim git/master is KDE4
> > or KF5, and if it's the latter, I can build it... In fact, I think it's
> > KF5 given the use of the QMenu::addSection function rather than
> > KMenu::addTitle. Seems like my fix isn't going to be needed in future
> > kmail versions. Except that QMenu::addSection on OS X only puts a
> > separator in the menu, from what I observed, not the section title. But
> > that's a different issue.
>
> Here is the answer (great IRC ;-):
> [10:25] <montel_> unormal: kdepim* master is kf5
> [10:25] <montel_> unormal: last kdepim* kde4 is 4.14

On the other hand. I just had a short chat with Georg Greve from KolabSys.
They are currently working on stabilizing KDEPIM4 on Linux and Mac as clients
for their groupware solution Kolab. And although they are not activitely
working on KDEPIM4 for Mac they would be interested in people who do...

griits
Mario