[KDE/Mac] syslogd through the roof

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 09:28:18 UTC 2014

Recently I've noticed that syslogd takes off through the roof on my 10.6.8 machine after I wake it from sleep, for long minutes. I suspect akonadi and/or one of the other kdepim components to be responsable (I'm running kontact as my MUA), but there's nothing being logged to file.
That doesn't mean someone isn't sending syslog messages with a (priority) level that's not configured to be stored ... any suggestions on how to find the culprit? Syslog is the only process showing significant activity during those epochs.

Thanks,
René