[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Tue Oct 7 06:05:44 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas,

I think with KDE 4.13.3 it is important that we enforce a non-“Macintosh (aqua)” theme on MacPorts,
either by recommending that the users install port kde4-workspace right away and select their theme
of choice, or by some magic to be done by kcmshell4, kwriteconfig or something similar.

If we skip this, users will already be frustrated by starting kate or kcalc as they look awful using
the default theme!

Although there is the occasional pulldown-menu redrawing issue with other themes, I still consider
those alternative themes (fortunately made possible by René!) as a great solution for those other
more bugging rendering issues caused by “Macintosh (aqua)".

What’s your opinion?