[KDE/Mac] Some issues found while testing branch 'KDE4.13'

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Thu Oct 2 06:23:12 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 02 Oct 2014, at 02:57 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Replying via Apple Mail because something somewhere in KDE's intestines has decided all of a sudden that it's a good idea to send smtps://XX@YY using the http protocol ...
> (yesterday night at the same time I discovered that Qt4-mac no longer resized content after resizing a window ... had to reinstall it …)

what’s going on there?

>> Apart from that there are a few other things, many of them certainly due to the fact
>> that I currently don’t have akonadi and co up and running on my VM for Qt4/KDE4.
> But you do have them installed?

Yep.

>> kate, dragon, kcolorchooser, kuser, kmix, kscd, contactthemeeditor, headerthemeeditor,
>> kalarm, kwikdisk, step
>> - no application icon in launchpad and dock (when not started)
>
> kate at least should have an icon set when you have the iconutil utility. The last 2 in that list aren't supposed to have one AFAIK.

Ah well, no, I did’t install that tool (yet) as it isn’t normally present anyway.

Perhaps we should think about bundling that with kdelibs4???

> accountwizzard, seriously?

s/zz/z/
:)

>> kalarm, kmail, kontact, korganizer
>> - fails to start PIM service
>
> Could that be in any way related to the baloo-related changes?

No idea, didn’t investigate this in any way up to now.

>> karm
>> - shows empty message with title that "karm is now ktimetracker”
>> ktimetracker
>> - fails to create part
>
> Those aren't new or related to 4.13. The karm message is expected, but it ought to launch ktimetracker, which fails evidently.
> A Qt/C++ guru should look into what goes wrong with loading the kpart.

I see.

> Good luck, and sorry for not being of more help …

Thanks, and well: I am happy for every bit of feedback and so is Nicolas, I am sure.