[KDE/Mac] Some issues found while testing branch 'KDE4.13'

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Wed Oct 1 22:49:58 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I guess especially Ian will be interested in my findings, as it concerns quite some games,
including kgoldrunner.

Apart from that there are a few other things, many of them certainly due to the fact
that I currently don’t have akonadi and co up and running on my VM for Qt4/KDE4.

---

kgoldrunner
 - stops with “Get Folders” in title of main window
 - menu bar stays without items
 - “quitting” the application leads to opening a new main window
 - only now a functioning application

kcalc
 - drawing issue, perhaps due to theming (status bar overlaps with buttons)
 - no application icon in launchpad and dock (when not started)

kate, dragon, kcolorchooser, kuser, kmix, kscd, contactthemeeditor, headerthemeeditor,
kalarm, kwikdisk, step
 - no application icon in launchpad and dock (when not started)

kreversi
 - shows dialog at start with illegible content

ktouch
 - shows only empty window

parley
 - crashed when trying to create a new collection

kig
 - toolbar on the left doesn’t display the expected graphic-buttons
 - crashed when changing style while the app is running

kigo
 - needs a go engine installed

cantor
 - shows 2 empty windows (one with toolbar)
 - menu items all disabled
 - app unresponsive

kolourpaint, kopete, ksystemlog
 - crashes at startup

kmplot, kompare, kwikdisk
 - starts with empty window
 - no menu items

rocs
 - seems to start normally
 - but crashes at program end

kruler
 - doesn’t redraw properly

kaddressbook, accountwizzard, kjots, knots, kommander
 - hang during startup

blogilo
 - starts with error, since DB driver can’t be loaded

kalarm, kmail, kontact, korganizer
 - fails to start PIM service

karm
 - shows empty message with title that "karm is now ktimetracker”

ktimetracker
 - fails to create part

kfloppy
 - starts with empty error dialog
 - display issues with overlapping texts in main dialog

kstars
 - does not have a program icon in launchpad
 - crashes at startup