[KDE/Mac] Upgrade to 4.13.3 in Macports

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Wed Oct 1 11:43:38 UTC 2014

Hello,

> I’ve got a principal question, as I have - perhaps a little too hastily - included René’s new patch
> for project "kde4-workspace” in our git repo [1,2] on branch ‘KDE4.13':
>
>   Shouldn't we track changes which aren’t yet to be considered for the upcoming KDE 4.13.3
>   release on separate branches? (Those would only then be merged into ‘KDE4.13' when the
>   corresponding RRs have been reviewed properly or even a commit has happened.)

Indeed to my understanding the KDE4.13 branch was to enable some testing before committing for users, so that it would be better to keep it stable for the duration of testing. If patches are added often, then there so stable base tested, and I might as well commit the new versions right away.
Then, that’s a question of approach, which is to decide. Anyway, I don’t plan to wait much longer, as it also limits the addition of patches, and if no feedback comes in the next days, it is unlikely that anything will come. I will probably proceed something like next week.