[KDE/Mac] kdesrc-build

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 15:05:19 UTC 2014

On Thursday November 27 2014 07:34:28 Jeremy Whiting wrote:

I'll try to answer while Ian sleeps somewhere down under ;)

> Thanks for the tips. Do I need to add something to my path or something to
> get kdesrc-build to find the perl installed by mac ports?

In general you'll want to have /opt/local/bin before the other bins in your path (supposing you put MacPorts in its default location).

> I've just installed p5.12-json and p5.12-lwp-useragent-determined and all
> dependencies, but I'm getting this when I try to run kdesrc-build:
>
> kdesrc-build encountered an exceptional error condition: Runtime Error:
> Logical module groups require the Perl JSON module Can't continue, so
> stopping now.
>
> I'm ok at perl but wouldn't know where to start to figure out why it
> doesn't see the json module, any ideas?

First thing to check is indeed which perl you're using. Not just if it's MacPorts', but also what version. I'm a bit surprised at your version choice, normally the default port:perl is at 5.16 now.

As an aside: MacPorts' perl versioning stuff is a little awkward. It works as long as you can keep updating your existing tree, but when you move to a new OS version the migration path typical means 1) list all ports installed explicitly 2) uninstall/wipe everything 3) reinstall MacPorts base 4) use a provided script to install the ports listed under 1). Which means you'll probably get the latest perl (or python or whatever) and that any p5.x-foo packages installed explicitly will likely raise errors. I ended up pruning them from my package list (and/or force-uninstalling them) and then let port dependencies do their work in giving me the correct versions.
It's quite possible that the p5-foo package Marko mentioned is there just for that: a stub to pull in the proper version.

Cheers,
René