[KDE/Mac] Shadow-rendering glitch in 4.14.1-Parley due to software rendering mode on MacPorts' KDE 4.13.3?

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Fri Nov 21 11:30:44 UTC 2014

On Friday, November 21, 2014 12:10:43 PM René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Friday November 21 2014 08:49:41 Marko Käning wrote:
> >Well, the white rectangle is perhaps not coming out too large, who
knows. I
> >learnt that Inge had already changed the sizing of the tile (and thus its
> >shadow) in the version he used to produce the Linux screenshot…
>
> Interesting, in Dutch Inge would be a woman's name :)

Also in German.  But not in the Scandinavian countries. The name comes
from the old Norse god Ing, who was definitely male. I have no idea what
the origin of the German/Dutch name is, though. :)

> >Anyhow, it seems as if we’ve got a real OSX issue here. Strange, as
you’re
> >using also shadows in your gorgeous Palapeli!
>
> More a Qt issue on OS X that is triggered when you do certain
unsupported
> operations. As I said, look at the OS X (Q_?S_MAC) specific code in Bespin
> for possible hints. In the end it was possible to obtain the intended user
> experience without dropping functionality.
>
> Marko: you mentioned having to upgrade to kdelibs 4.14 in order for
parley
> to build? Is there an earlier parley version that builds against 4.13 and
> does that show the same glitches? If yes-and-no, that'll help narrow
down
> the search area (sounds very evident, no harm intended in stating the
> obvious ;))

No, this is wrong. It builds against kdelibs 4.13 (at least, I'm 95% certain
that it does). However, you do need libkdeedu 4.14. For Parley 4.14.1 or
later you also need libkdeedu 4.14.1 or later since we added some calls
which we use.

	-Inge