[KDE/Mac] Fixes for Filelight utility and LSkat game

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Tue May 13 15:49:42 UTC 2014

Hello Ian,

> I have found https://trac.macports.org/browser/trunk/dports/kde and I think I can
> download patches from there.

You can indeed download the Macports tree from there, but you should also have
a local copy of all of it in your Macports installation.

> I would like to retry the kdesrc-build route, but applying MacPorts patches to my local
> git repositories of KDE source and building and installing into non-MacPorts directories.
>
> Does the above trac repository have all the patches I may need?  If so, where can I find the
> "post-configure hack" you mention above?  And indeed, what is a "post-configure hack”?

The fact that the repository is from a present installation also means that there may be
patches that you will miss to install 4.13.

Marko pointed out the place describing this post-configure hack. It means that you need
to configure kde4-runtime, then manually modify the file, and then build.

> And are there perhaps some global KDE patches somewhere (e.g. for CMake files,
> build parameters, package-find paths, library-load paths, etc.)?

I assume that it may be quite a hassle to manually reproduce the Macports environment.
In addition to the definitions in each Portfiles, all KDE ports depend on a portgroup, kde4,
which defines a whole bunch of constants. This portgroup then also depends on two
other portgroup, qt4 and cmake, which also define a lot of environment variables and configuration
preferences.

Cheers,

Nicolas