[KDE/Mac] Something new re the meinproc4 problem?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue May 6 04:01:47 UTC 2014

On 02/05/2014, at 1:55 PM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> In the last few days I have been trying to build KDE 4.13 directly from
> the KDE Project repositories, using kdesrc-build, a set of Perl scripts
> for building KDE modules from source code. [1]

I am still trying, but I have learned a few things … ;-)

> It has downloaded and compiled kdelibs successfully, picking up
> dependencies from within my OS X and MacPorts environment.
> But when it goes to *build* kdelibs, guess what … the meinproc4
> bug crashes the build and it is *completely* repeatable.
>
> Could this be light at the end of the tunnel?  Or am I jumping at
> shadows?  That is what I would like to know.

No, I think I have been jumping at shadows and klutzing around … :-)

It is possible that some meinproc4 crashes in the past have been
due to getting incompatible libxslt and libxml2 from /usr/ and
/opt/local/ respectively, but, in one old MacPorts log I looked at,
the build was getting both from /opt/local/.

Cheers, Ian W.