[KDE/Mac] Bug reporting in KDE on Apple OS X

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:53:34 UTC 2014

On 01/07/2014, at 12:56 AM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>> Oh and I forgot to mention, kded4's directory-watching function triggers our old
>> friend kbuildsycoca4 whenever it sees a change in its KDE installation area.
>
> Is this supposed to work on OS X?

Heh, heh… ;-)  No, I don't think it should have to, but that is what happens in
a KDE desktop on Linux.  KDED4 gets started whenever KDE gets started
and it runs as a daemon all the time and also checks directory and file changes.
But in OS X it would be like feathers on a dog… :-)

See Boudewijn's comments earlier in this thread… :-)  We don't really want
any more daemons, text indexers, etc. than OS X already provides.

> It did not seem to be the case to me, and I had
> made an agent working through launchd to achieve that in kdelibs4.

And that works fine !!!!!

Cheers, Ian W.