[KDE/Mac] Repository for patches to fix KDE Problems on OS X

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Mon Jun 30 14:51:08 UTC 2014

Hello,

> This is to let you know that I have now set up a new project in KDE,
> with Ben Cooksley's help.  It is is in Playground/Base and is called
> "Fixes for KDE problems that occur on Apple OS X”.

Very nice, it will hopefully be quite helpful in tracking down issues. There are one or two points where I am not fully clear about how you intend to use it. First, to which version do you intend to link the patches? I expect that changes will occur in KDE code, which may imply then changes (or suppression) of some of the patches. Will you follow the trunk, or do you intend to stick to versions and make incremental changes?

I also noticed that you did not include any of the patches that we for example have in Macports. Kdelibs4 contains for instance quite a bunch of them. Is it because you do not use them, or because you only include patches that are not included there?
Either way, I was starting to think that some cleanup (or at least ordering and commenting) could be pretty useful in some of our ports, and having another repository which includes useful patches is a pretty good incentive.

Cheers,

Nicolas