[KDE/Mac] KDE-srcbuild, KMyMoney and raster graphics

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 23:39:40 UTC 2014

Hi Marko,

On 04/06/2014, at 4:30 AM, Marko Käning wrote:
> On 03 Jun 2014, at 12:33 , Ian Wadham <iandw.au at gmail.com> wrote:
>> <KDElibsRaster.patch><KMMRaster.patch>
>
> I guess you should post this also to KMM’s list, especially since they’d probably
> possible to comment on the weird behaviour regarding all those widgets being
> painted during startup.

Perhaps you could forward it: I am not subscribed. It's not weird, just unusual.

> It seems to me that your suggestion regarding this patch makes sense, as long
> as the number of apps having problems with raster mode is small.

I think the number will be small and the patch is easy to install anyway. Insert it
just before the spot in main.cpp where KApplication gets created.

Also, it should work equally well with KDE 4.12, if you would like to have another
go at that, Nicolas.

If anything goes wrong with an app this time, we will be able to offer a quick
workaround (set environment variable RasterOff) and an early patch.

Cheers, Ian W.