[KDE/Mac] Success at last (sort of)

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 23:01:30 UTC 2014

Hi Bjoern and Bradley,

On 03/06/2014, at 5:01 AM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
> On Jun 2, 2014, at 12:00 AM, Bjoern Ricks <bjoern.ricks at intevation.de> wrote:
>> On Friday 30 May 2014 04:15:01 Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:
>>> I can give you usage examples if that is helpful. I think this command
>>> would fix the phonon issue you mentioned: sudo install_name_tool -change
>>> lib/libphonon.4.dylib /opt/local/lib/libphonon.4.dylib
>>> /Applications/KDE_MAC/kbounce.app/Contents/MacOS/kbounce
>> Something like 
>> if(APPLE)
>> endif()
>> in the CMakeLists.txt file might also help. Internally it calls 
>> install_name_tool.
> That tastes better :)
> You inspired me to look at our MacPorts cmake port group where we add this cmake arg:
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_NAME_DIR=${prefix}/lib

FWIW I have that in my CMake command options too, dutifully copied
from the MacPorts port groups for CMake and KDE … :-) … but it does
not work on phonon, which was ever a law unto itself.

I noticed that there are some extra CMake modules for phonon deep in
/opt/local, but I did not investigate them.  It was easier to skip building
phonon and then link automatically to it in /opt/local/lib/, using the
library path I set up.

Thanks, Ian W.

More information about the kde-mac mailing list