[KDE/Mac] Review Request 119498: Report crashes of KDE apps in Apple OS X (2)

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sun Jul 27 07:16:46 UTC 2014

> In this review we have three portability problems:
>
> 1. On Apple OS X, Dr Konqi's dialog box hides itself underneath the main
> window of the app that has just crashed, so is effectively useless. This
> appears to be because Dr Konqi is started by a Linux/Unix method (fork() +
> exec()?). If an app is started with the Apple OS X "open" command, it
> always appears on top. The patch just raises the dialog box.

Maybe that should be unconditionally done, who knows what the next fancy Linux
DE would do.

> 2. When formatting the backtrace output, Dr Konqi crashes (with an ASSERT)
> on the last line. This appears to be an error in the algorithm used (i.e.
> also a bug in Linux KDE), but the patch is treating it as an Apple OS X
> portability problem for now.

From staring at the code I suspect that this has something to do with
additional linebreaks in the lines. From what I see the input lines may also
contain linebreaks, this is why the internal line map has holes in the key
sequence. I suspect the crash you see is somehow related to if the last line
itself has \n in it or not or something like that. Looks like this needs a
unittest ;)

Greetings,

Eike