[KDE/Mac] kwallet and the OS X keychain

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 10:15:02 UTC 2014

On Jul 28, 2014, at 11:53, Frank Osterfeld wrote:

> So you found it? That’s all I could contribute anyway - I reused the code from qtkeychain, making use of Carbon API to store/save the password.

No! I didn't find it, I just told you what I did not find, to help you in your search ;)

> IIRC storing passwords from e.g. Kontact worked - it didn’t properly map all the features though, e.g. KWallet’s hierarchical folders were “flattened” IIRC or ignored completely.

That's to be expected. OS X's KeyChain does handle multiple chains, but it flattens them for reading (i.e. applications requesting a password don't get to bother about what chain a pw is stored in) and AFAIK will save new passwords in the default chain.
From what I've seen, that's close enough to how kwallet works.