[KDE/Mac] oxygen style

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat Jul 5 18:55:01 UTC 2014

Hi René,

On 04 Jul 2014, at 12:43 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any people here using KDE's oxygen style on OS X?

up to now I’ve heard about oxygen only wrt the oxygen-icons. :)

> I just created a MacPorts submission (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/44236) that allows building a few relevant bits of the KDE Workspace package on OS X, including said style. It seems to work (though properly not in Qt4-mac, after adding a link to the KDE styles folder in Qt's plugin folder).

Oh, need to check that out at some stage.
Thanks for posting it! If it works well, but is still experimental I could add the port for now to [1], so that it doesn’t get forgotten.

> The only glitch I've noticed is with (pop-up) menus, which do not always repaint properly when walking the cursor over the menu.

OK, will try to verify what it is, if you can attach an example screenshot to the above ticket.

> Anyone wants to have a look at what's causing that (or guide me in doing so)?

Ian? ;)

[1] https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/sdk/macports-kde/repository/revisions/master/show/dports/kde