[KDE/Mac] Bug reporting in KDE on Apple OS X

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Tue Jul 1 17:42:12 UTC 2014

Hello,

> Well, it calls kbuildsycoca periodically and I guess the 60 s interval defined in
>
>   /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macports.kdecache.plist
>
> might be okay in most cases because the port command usually runs rev-upgrade and
> spends enough time until the user takes the next chance to run a newly installed
> KDE application.

That’s not exactly what it does. It monitors the paths where KDE binaries are installed (${prefix}/bin and ${applications_dir}/KDE4) and runs kbuildsycoca4 if any change in these directories occurs. The 60 seconds is a waiting time to avoid the utility to run too often when changes are happening in the directories.
The fact of running periodically could also work of course, but I was not keen on taking resources when it was not necessary.

Cheers,

Nicolas