[KDE/Mac] Thoughts on standard directories in Qt5 - QStandardPaths

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 23:20:50 UTC 2014

On 13/12/2014, at 11:10 PM, Marko Käning wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On 12 Dec 2014, at 11:29 , Ben Cooksley <bcooksley at kde.org> wrote:
>>> Well, the organisation name...
>>> I don’t know whether and how this is currently being used by KF5.
>>> I guess I need to contact K-F-D regarding this, but perhaps Jeremy knows!
>
> ok, meanwhile I realised that this is #1 of my issues to solve...
> And I know what to do.

See my email a few minutes ago, to Jeremy,  about organisationDomain and
organizationName properties in QApplication.

>>> Oh, that’s completely new for me! We have to have that in mind once the
>>> OSX/CI system starts using version 5.4! Thanks for pointing that out!
>>
>> We probably will end up using DataLocation for a while yet as people
>> won't want to be pushed into upgrading for a minor change.
>
> Well, and this is #2, which I also want to deal with right away.

DataLocation is equivalent to both AppDataLocation and AppLocalDataLocation in Qt 5.4,
except on the Windows platform.  It is only deprecated in Qt5.4.  No need to do anything
right away.  Wait till the dust settles.

Cheers, Ian W.