[KDE/Mac] Thoughts on standard directories in Qt5 - QStandardPaths

Marko Käning MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Sun Dec 7 19:17:50 UTC 2014

On 07 Dec 2014, at 20:07 , René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> For now it's just the same as qt5-mac but installed to a different location.

Awesome!

> But yes, rolling our own version has the advantage that we can do things our way, introduce any required patches that are more or less KDE specific (and could "break" things in qt5-mac, such as deactivation of the menurole guessmatism), and not depend on the qt-mac maintainer. Or rather, maintainers: I noticed qt4-mac and qt5-mac are not maintained by the same person, which probably doesn't help the concurrency thing…

Yes, you are absolutely right.

This is a much better position for use KDE guys on MacPorts.

But perhaps this can feed itself back to the original qt*-mac ports, once
you’ve shown how it could work.

Fantastic!

P.S.: Cross-posting this now also to MP-user, although I think this discussion should be lead on MP-devel, René!