[KDE/Mac] Thoughts on standard directories in Qt5 - QStandardPaths

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 18:01:56 UTC 2014

On Sunday December 07 2014 15:51:35 Marko Käning wrote:

> Hmmm, I don’t think that it needs to be in my QSP patch, as that is only meant
> to be used for the OSX system. qt5-mac is the basis we’re starting from, right?!

Would you believe I've started looking at my idea posted earlier, having a port:qt5-kde (with ditto PortGroups)?
That would install into ${prefix}/libexec/Qt5, with the various paths (re)defined in the PortGroup definition qt5_kde-1.0.tcl ; since the tree's root now has ${qt_name}, it's no longer required to have ${qt_name} subdirs.

I was about to go test that a bit, and then ran into the fact that QtCurve built on 10.6 crashes under 10.9 (of course), so I synced my QtCurve source and am now fighting to get it to build again. Ahhh, priorities :)

Cheers,
René