[KDE/Mac] Giving up on kdeinit4 and friends

"Marko Käning" mk-lists at email.de
Sat Aug 30 08:53:41 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,

> I have decided to give up beating my head against a brick wall.

I meant to respond to this already yesterday, but I simply don't have
enough time to respond appropriately due to lack of time. Sort of the
same holds for the next few days.

So, I just want say that it makes me quite sad to hear that after all
your digging into DrKonqi you didn't get the support you begged for.

All I want to state for now - shortly - is that I believe that we need
to get active in KF5, since that will guarantee us more attention on
K-F-D! I have to say that I generally got a lot of support there. If we
fix things on KF5 that might be back-portable to KDE4...

I am very thankful for your work on KDE, Ian, and I admire your stamina!
Please, keep going.

You could support me with the OSX/CI system and once we've got that set
up correctly we can introduce KF5 ports for MacPorts, so that testing
KF5 on OSX in real life can begin.

Thanks, Ian!