[KDE/Mac] KMyMoney, KCrash and more on KF5

"Marko Käning" mk-lists at email.de
Sun Aug 24 11:06:00 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

> Dr K and others should not be left in the "too hard basket" and then get a hasty
> patch-up job before some future KF 5 release.  They are apps that need to be
> ported to Frameworks, just like many others.  And they should be among the
> FIRST to be ported, because other apps depend on them, as does future KF 5
> support, from the first release onwards.

+1

> > I don't think that building and using plasma-workspace on Mac is the solution.
> > If that'd be necessary there is something really broken.
> I agree wholeheartedly with you, Mario.  Let's do something about it.

+1

I hope we'll see more support from KDE devs soonish. At least at Randa there were
one or two of them making use of Apple's hardware [1].
:)

And I think more and more realize that one can profit from each other. During my
work on the OSX/CI system (which was aiming to support the port of KMyMoney to KF5)
I could catch things due to Apple's use of clang which hadn't surfaced on Linux,
not even on their Linux CI system up to now [2].

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yua6M9jqoEk
[2] http://build.kde.org