[KDE/Mac] KMyMoney, KCrash and more on KF5

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 10:39:17 UTC 2014

On Aug 23, 2014, at 12:02, Marko Käning wrote:

>> I don't know exactly how kde4-workspace maps to plasma-workspace, but I have managed to build part of the former on OS X.
>
> That’s why I addressed you. ;)

That was quite easy in fact. IIRC, I simply deactivated the parts that depend on X11 one way or another, and maybe fixed a no-x11 feature here or there in parts that were supposed to be designed to function without X11 too.

>> Another thought: I read things about KF5 support for Wayland and how that would (eventually?) ease the support for other platforms, so I'm a bit amazed to see Marko talking about X11 dependencies in plasma-workspace?
>
> OK, I’ve verified that now with [1]:
>
> 	Since plasma-workspace is dependent on various projects like
> 	e.g. kwin, libkscreen, and kde-runtime marked with (a) in [2],
>        i.e. which do have the X11 dependency issue, we now know that
> 	the framework - as is - cannot be build on OSX ATM.

So, if I understand correctly, plasma-workspace has gone from an umbrella package containing a whole bunch of packages, to one depending on a whole number of packages that were extracted from kde-workspace? That's not very clever, or should I say, it wasn't very clever to include packages that shouldn't depend on having a full KDE workspace into it?

Just a thought: I presume that Qt5 still cannot be built against X11 on OS X?