[KDE/Mac] KMyMoney, KCrash and more on KF5

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 09:34:51 UTC 2014

Hi Marko,

For now I'm staying away from trying to build KF5 on OS X ...

On Aug 23, 2014, at 11:09, Marko Käning wrote:

> Since the discussion about placement of DrKonqi [2] lead to the decision to put it into
> plasma-workspace we now DO HAVE A PROBLEM for KF5 on OSX, as we won’t ever build plasma-workspace!
>
> Any ideas how to tackle this? Looks like we need a light-weight version of plasma-workspace
> which doesn’t require X11 but including DrKonqi, or suggest to move DrKonqi someplace else??

I don't know exactly how kde4-workspace maps to plasma-workspace, but I have managed to build part of the former on OS X. I presume that shouldn't be impossible with plasma-workspace too.

That said, don't we always have the possibility to deactivate the whole DrKonqi feature, and just let OS X present its own crash dialog? My experience with DrKonqi is less than luke warm even on Linux, so if it were me I'd not spend hours and hours trying to get it to work on OS X as it works on Linux.

Another thought: I read things about KF5 support for Wayland and how that would (eventually?) ease the support for other platforms, so I'm a bit amazed to see Marko talking about X11 dependencies in plasma-workspace?