[KDE/Mac] KMyMoney, KCrash and more on KF5

Marko Käning mk-lists at email.de
Sat Aug 23 09:09:57 UTC 2014

Hi Ian,
Hi René,

as you noticed on macports-devel I am eventually able to run qt5 apps which need a session dbus!
\o/

Well, thanks to Cristian, one of these apps is the frameworks branch version of KMyMoney!
:-)

Actually, it is not very surprising that this application still aborts at some stage: That is simply
due to the fact that my definitions of standard locations for configuration and data files aren’t
yet fully correct on the OSX/CI system. But I am confident to get there. :)

—

Anyway, I thought, I share the crashlog and the console output with you guys, as there is also the
expected inability to start DrKonqi on OSX:
---
Could not find drkonqi at /opt/kde/install/darwin/mavericks/clang/kf5-qt5/frameworks/kcrash/inst/lib/libexec/drkonqi
---
which must fail, since its executable is located in the plasma-workspace framework according to
David [1]. Up to now I haven’t tried to build that framework, because I thought that it won’t
build on OSX anyway...

Since the discussion about placement of DrKonqi [2] lead to the decision to put it into
plasma-workspace we now DO HAVE A PROBLEM for KF5 on OSX, as we won’t ever build plasma-workspace!

Any ideas how to tackle this? Looks like we need a light-weight version of plasma-workspace
which doesn’t require X11 but including DrKonqi, or suggest to move DrKonqi someplace else??

[1] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-August/018142.html
[2] http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-frameworks-devel/2014-April/014384.html