[KDE/Mac] Frameworks build error on Mavericks

Harald Fernengel harryf at gmx.com
Sat Apr 19 16:53:52 UTC 2014

Hi,
On 19/04/14 17:59, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Friday, April 18, 2014 10:47:55 PM Marko Käning wrote:
>> Hi Allen,
>>
>>> Yep, that worked. thanks
>> does this mean that you already managed to install Qt5 on your Mac?
>>
>> Did you use Homebrew or MacPorts to achieve that or did you install it natively?
>>
> My first goal is to see if I can build frameworks natively.
>
> At the moment I'm waiting for homebrew to finish building qt5 --with-dbus
> takes a loong time.
>
> Harald, I think I will try to get -D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE added to the CXXFLAGS by default
> when building with clang on Mac.
Thinking about it again...

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/Manpages/man5/compat.5.html

seems we can also pass -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET='10.6' which might
be the more correct one.

For that, we just need to agree on the lowest OSX version to support
(e.g. the one that Qt supports?).

Also note - some frameworks (e.g. kio) also want:

    "-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE'"
    "-DCMAKE_REQUIRED_DEFINITIONS='-D_DARWIN_C_SOURCE'"

The last one is required as CMake doesn't seem to honor CXX_FLAGS when
running configure tests.

Harald