[KDE/Mac] "Problems of KDE software" wiki page on MacPorts

Nicolas Pavillon nicos at macports.org
Tue Apr 15 00:07:27 UTC 2014

Hello,

I apologize for only popping up here and there recently despite the rather increased activity about KDE ports recently, but work has been pretty busy these days.

> Should we perhaps also introduce a "KDE software wish-list” page which would list software users asked for but which isn’t available on MacPorts yet?

This could be indeed an idea, even though to my knowledge the Macports trac system is supposedly already meant for this too, as users can file tickets in order to ask for new ports they would like to see on Macports. But having different channels may increase the users’ input.

> I wonder for instance why there is no Telepathy port for KDE on MacPorts ATM, but perhaps Nicos had his reasons for it.

To be honest, there is no definite reason. The thing is I became the main KDE maintainer a little by coincidence, which means that already at this stage, I am maintaining a significant amount of ports that I don’t personally use. I therefore do not actively add other ports at this moment, and only keep up to date the ports that were already existing. But if there are requests from users, I would surely consider them.

Cheers,

Nicolas