[KDE/Mac] Binary distribution license check

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Mon Apr 14 22:48:03 UTC 2014

On Apr 12, 2014, at 3:36 PM, mk-lists at email.de wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> perhaps this is the wrong list for such a question, but let’s start here first...
>
> When I check on MacPorts for a typical KDE application whether it is binary distributable, e.g. for KMyMoney, I get something like this:
>> "mysql5" is not distributable because its license "gpl" conflicts with license "OpenSSL" of dependency "openssl"

The mysql5 port (version 5.1.72) is discouraged in favor of one of the new mysql ports mysql51 (version 5.1.72), mysql55, mysql56, mariadb or percona, all of which do not link against openssl by default. Updating whatever ports are pulling in mysql5 to use mysql51, or better, mariadb, solves the mysql5 issue.

"mysql5" is not distributable because its license "gpl" conflicts with license "OpenSSL" of dependency "openssl"
"mysql51" is distributable
"mysql55" is distributable
"mysql56" is distributable
"mariadb" is distributable