[KDE/Mac] How to change color scheme?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 01:56:44 UTC 2012

On 04/04/2012, at 10:22 AM, Rich E wrote:

> I've just made a big triumph today, finally go kdevelop installed in OS X!

You certainly did.  I am amazed such a complex app can be ported.

> Something I've been meaning to do every since the birth of Xcode 4... I did it through macports, and while there were a couple of minor hiccups, kudos to those guys, it's running great so far.
>
> First question; how do I customize the color scheme?  The screenshots on kdevelop's home page have some nice dark styles, but this seems to be a system wide setting, is that correct?
>
> This is kdevelop v4.3, kdelibs4 v4.8.1

AFAICT it is system-wide in Linux KDE, though I am not up to speed on KDevelop.  Maybe there
are some things you can change, under a Configure menu-item, just within the KDevelop windows.

On my Macbook, KDE apps are built with qt4-mac by Macports and that means the window/desktop
style is the same as is set in Mac OS X.  I do not know what will happen if you try to run the KDE app
called "systemsettings", always supposing it has been ported.  Might be a recipe for disaster …

Cheers, Ian W.