[KDE/Mac] [CODE] Multithreaded SIGSEGV signal handling, please examine

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Sun Sep 25 12:34:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

Am 25.09.2011 um 01:37 schrieb Michael Pyne:

>  [...]
> With that said I don't think the code uses as many POSIX options as
> the rest
> of KSharedDataCache (e.g. process-shared mutexes as unimplemented on
> Mac OS X)
> but I wanted to give a chance for you guys to test the prototype code
> beforehand and let me know if there's problems.
>
> You'll want to compile with something like this:
> $CXX -O2 -o sigcatcher -lrt -pthread sigcatcher.cpp

Here is the first issue: librt doesn't exist here (Mac OS X 10.5
"Leopard").
However, the code compiles without the "-lrt".
$ g++ -O2 -o sigcatcher -pthread sigcatcher.cpp
$ g++ --version
i686-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5493)

> Make sure optimization is enabled to ensure volatile is used where
> it's
> needed. Assuming everything works right you should get output like:
>
> $ ./sigcatcher
> Hello, World!
> Got a result of 1
> Exited thread
> $

The next problem is, that sem_init(..) isn't implemented here.
$ ./sigcatcher
Error: sem_init: Function not implemented
$

It seems that only named semaphores are implemented.
I've changed this part of your code to use sem_open(..) instead [see
attachment] and then I get the expected result: