[KDE/Mac] Growl Support

Patrick von Reth patrick.vonreth at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:02:47 UTC 2011

Hi

Im a KDE Windows dev and I wrote Snorenotify which is a
small application which redirects the Freedesktop DBus Notifications to
Growl or Snarl(both in case of Windows), here is a screen shot with Growl
for Windows and Aamarok
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6292727/Sceenshots/Amarok/growl.PNG .
You can find the code on https://gitorious.org/snorenotify .
Snorenotify uses the gntp protocol which is also supported by Growl on Mac (
used implementation https://github.com/mattn/gntppp ).
I never tried to build Snorenotify on a Mac because I don't own one, but the
code is also compileable on linux so maybe also on mac with a few fixes,
contributors are welcome.
Would be great to hear that its also working on Mac and see a screen shot of
it.

You can reach me also on freenode in #kde-windows  nick TheOneRing

Greetings

Patrick