[KDE/Mac] Re: Please edit http://mac.kde.org/?id=build

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 22:02:39 CEST 2011

On Monday 20 Jun 2011 17:55:13 O wrote:
> Unfortunately, I'm unable to update the site.
> I suggest emailing kde's web team and having them remove all content and
> link to the wiki page (since it seems to work).

I agree, the site is so far out of date and hard to edit redirecting to a wiki
seems best for now.  The question is, which one: TechBase, UserBase, or
Community?

UserBase would be best, but they don't currently have any Mac content and
direct users to mac.kde.org instead.  There's also a higher quality standard
required for it, so it may take time to get something new posted.

TechBase is also rather outdated, too technical, and also points to
mac.kde.org:
  http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/Mac_OS_X
  http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Mac_OS_X/Macbook_Manifesto

Community may be a good compromise to start with, but we should work with the
UserBase team to get some content there.  We just need a volunteer to quickly
document the current state of Mac support and point people to the relevant
MacPorts/Fink documentation.  Say http://community.kde.org/Mac or
http://community.kde.org/KDE_on_Mac ?

I can raise the redirection request with the sysadmins as soon as we get
somewhere to redirect to.  We won't delete the site from svn/git however, we
could resurrect it later if needed.

Cheers!

John.