[KDE/Mac] Re: [kde-solaris] KDE/kdelibs/kdecore/util

Pavel Heimlich, a.k.a. hajma tropikhajma at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 00:49:01 CEST 2010

2010/10/3 Michael Pyne <mpyne at kde.org>:
> SVN commit 1182037 by mpyne:
>
> Overhaul the system-specific lock handling in KSharedDataCache.

The code in kdecore/util/kshareddatacache* does not build on
OpenSolaris b134 with Sun Studio 12u1.
It ends up with
"/export/home/test/Dashboards/kdelibs/srcdir/kdecore/util/kshareddatacache_p.h",
line 346: Error: Type name expected instead of "pthreadTimedLock".

The checks for the features are not in line with what we have in Open/Solaris.
While http://src.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/head/unistd.h
defines
_POSIX_TIMEOUTS to 200112L in all cases, it only defines
_POSIX_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED	 to 200112L for XPG6 (C), while for XPG5
(C++) it is defined to 1.
So we end up with KSDC_TIMEOUTS_SUPPORTED and
KSDC_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED_SUPPORTED undefined (and pthread.h not
included!). This causes the error.

I'm no expert in any threads, so I am not sure whether to add
KSDC_THREAD_PROCESS_SHARED_SUPPORTED to the ifdef at line 344
(limiting ourselves as MacOS does, or to modify the checks at line 42
to enable the feature for us.

Hints more than welcome

P.