[KDE/Mac] Re: Mac OS X compile bug in klocale_mac.cpp, and possible fix

John Layt john at layt.net
Mon Nov 22 22:53:02 CET 2010

On Saturday 09 October 2010 11:20:36 Gregory Schlomoff wrote:
> > Thanks for spotting my goof, amazing it hasn't been picked up before now.
>
> Yes, there where two bugs preventing kdecore from being compiled on
> Mac. I was a little bit amazed when I realized that nobody tried to
> build it since at least one month.
>
> > But perhaps it would be better to copy QCFType and QCFString as KCFType
> > and KCFString for internal use only as I'm pretty sure we may need more
> > type handling in the future, and it is easier to type.
>
> So, just to be sure, the idea is to copy QCFType and QCFString from
> qcore_mac_p.h and qcore_mac.cpp (meaning basically, the _whole_
> content of those files) and paste the code in kkernel_mac.h / .cpp,
> renaming the classes to KCFType / KCFString?
>
> Is that what you meant?
>
> > If Benjamin agrees and if you have a working dev environment then could
> > you please fix it, better than my doing it blind at the moment.
>
> Yes, I can fix it. If we agree on this solution, I'll submit a patch for
> review.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg

At the request of khindenberg on irc, here's a proposed patch to fix the
issue.  It takes the minimal path of just exposing the existing kkernal_mac
method for internal kdelibs use only and having KLocale use that.  I have no
idea of this patch actually works, khindenberg has offered to test it for me.

Cheers!

John.