[KDE/Mac] BUNDLE_INSTALL_DIR

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 21:32:25 CET 2010

On 17 Mar 2010, at 20:09, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Can you please explain ? What is not found ?
> Do you have an idea how to do it properly ?
> When I installed KDE4 on a Macbook, it was working quite ok, I was using e.g.
> kate all the time, which is installed as a bundle.

I'm probably misunderstanding but surely runtime resources won't be found properly? That's not my real reason though, it's more that it's annoying/surprising for a developer to download the KDE source and have a bunch of files install outside of the prefix. I don't have a problem with the  /Applications installation (as it seems to work for you), I just debate if it should be the default in debug mode for a fresh build.

>> Ideally we should get the OSX version so it has self-contained bundles
>> which have been properly "fixed-up" but at the moment the number of runtime
>> dependencies make this pretty hardcore at the moment. Hopefully some of the
>
> Feel free to make it work properly on OSX, I'd be happy about that :-)

That's the plan, eventually. I'm getting there slowly, getting stuff working in Homebrew is my first step here.

Mike Arthur
http://mikearthur.co.uk