[KDE/Mac] Auto-detect KLocale Country

Mike McQuaid mike at mikemcquaid.com
Fri Aug 6 11:46:56 CEST 2010

On 6 Aug 2010, at 10:40, John Layt wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I've posted a code review at http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/4915/ for some changes that try to auto-detect what the host system country is set to and use that when loading KDE locale settings like date formats.  I'd be grateful if you could look at my Mac implementation and if possible try it out as I don't yet have a Mac dev environment built.
> This is just an interim step towards full integration with the Mac locale settings, but I believe it's better than showing completely wrong settings.

Looks interesting. The Mac side looks fairly sensible to me but I wonder if you can't just use QLocale::system() as a starting point? Do the system objects give you far more information?

Sorry, just being ignorant here. If they do give you much more information then it looks like a good approach to me.

Mike McQuaid
http://mikemcquaid.com