[KDE/Mac] kile for mac os question

Nicolas Pavillon nicos_pavlov at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 5 21:14:43 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am a Macports user myself. In the case of using Macports, you should install the kile-devel port (this is the one for KDE4, as Kile is still in beta). You can install the port by typing "sudo port install kile-devel +quartz +qt4 +no_x11", and the dependencies will be installed automatically with proper configuration. It will take time, however, as macports compiles packages from sources. You can find detailed instructions to install kile with macports in the ReadMe.MacOSX located in the kile package.

Cheers,

Nicolas