[KDE/Mac] status of kde in macports (qt3support)

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 02:09:42 CEST 2009

brad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been trying to compile kdebase (my main objective is to get
> digikam working and possibly amarok). It seems that there are a few
> areas where code in kdebase calls for qt3 support code, which seems to
> be disabled in the qt4 compilation in macports. (my guess is that this
> is due to the blog posting http://illogic-al.org/blog/look-before-you-leap
>    which points out that qt4 looks far better w/o linking against
> qt3support, an effect i'd like to see.) I don't think removing
> qt3support code is a priority on any platform that isn't mac.
>
> Am i the only one seeing this? is there a work around?
i don't see it, but i haven't built qt from macports since 4.5.2
You probably have the +cocoa variable enable somewhere which will
automatically disable qt3support.
So, if you're compiling qt4 add -cocoa as a variant, and if macports' qt
(and not you somewhere in your variants.conf file or elsewhere) has
defaulted to +cocoa, file a bug asking for this to be changed.