[KDE/Mac] status of kde in macports (qt3support)

brad bkn at ithryn.net
Sat Oct 3 18:52:21 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I've been trying to compile kdebase (my main objective is to get
digikam working and possibly amarok). It seems that there are a few
areas where code in kdebase calls for qt3 support code, which seems to
be disabled in the qt4 compilation in macports. (my guess is that this
is due to the blog posting http://illogic-al.org/blog/look-before-you-leap
  which points out that qt4 looks far better w/o linking against
qt3support, an effect i'd like to see.) I don't think removing
qt3support code is a priority on any platform that isn't mac.

Am i the only one seeing this? is there a work around?

Thanks,
  -- Brad