[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:26:01 CET 2009

On Mar 6, 2009, at 3:56 AM, Janus wrote:

> 2009/3/5 Janus <janus at rtfm.org.ar>:

>>> Here you are: http://pastebin.com/m2d594305
>>
>> I did a clean (port clean --all expat) and after, I was able to
>> compile it without any errors.
>> I think that what happed is that when I did the port uninstall
>> installed, expat still there, because it wasn't installed, but as I
>> didn't do any cleaning, the configurations remains with gcc-4.2
>>
>> Continue with kdeutils4 :)
>>

> I get an error compiling automoc: http://pastebin.com/f41eeb0e9
> What can I do?
I was hoping to just see the word "Success" with a smiley after it.
*sigh*
We can dream can't we? :-)

But, according to the error it can't find gcc (and rightfully so).
Perhaps a case to convert automoc to using the kde4 portgroup.

Anyhoo. the solution is
sudo port edit automoc

configure.compiler  gcc-4.2 --> configure.compiler  apple-gcc-4.2
or whatever we decided to call it.

Speaking of kde4-1.0.tcl that will need to be edited too.
vi /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
_resources/port1.0/group/kde4-1.0.tcl

Delete the compiler stuff from that and add the following

platform darwin 8 {
     depends_build-append    apple-gcc42-devel
     configure.args-append   -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=${prefix}/bin/gcc-4.2 \
                             -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=${prefix}/bin/g++-4.2
}

platform darwin 9 {
     configure.compiler      gcc-4.2
}