[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:19:13 CET 2009

On Mar 4, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Janus wrote:

> 2009/3/3 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:

>>> I used uninstall-devtools and it works as expected (I think)

>>> Done.
>>> qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc --version
>>> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
>>> build 5370)
>>> Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>>> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
>>> is NO
>>> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
>>> PURPOSE.
>>>
>>> qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc-4.2 --version
>> muahah!
>> *ahem*
>> Now for the magic:
>> sudo vi /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl
>> and change
>> "darwin 8" { set compiler gcc-4.0 } to "darwin 8" { set compiler
>> apple-
>> gcc-4.2 }
>>
>> then find the line 'apple-gcc-4.0 {'
>>
>> and either before or after it add the following.
>>

>>         apple-gcc-4.2 {
>>             switch -exact ${type} {
>>                 cc   { set ret ${prefix}/bin/gcc-4.2 }
>>                 objc { set ret ${prefix}/bin/gcc-4.2 }
>>                 cxx  { set ret ${prefix}/bin/g++-4.2 }
>>                 cpp  { set ret ${prefix}/bin/cpp-4.2 }
>>             }
>>         }
>>

>> I just made that up btw.
>> Not quite sure if it does what I think it does (but we'll find
>> out :-D)
>>
>> After all that's done, would you mind pastebinning your
>> portconfigure.tcl file?
>>

> Here is my portconfigure.tcl after the modifications:
> http://pastebin.com/m98d2e4f
One more thing: after the line:
apple-gcc-4.0 { set name "MacPorts Apple gcc 4.0" }
please add
apple-gcc-4.2 { set name "MacPorts Apple gcc 4.2" }

then edit /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/
ports/_resources/port1.0/group/kde4-1.0.tcl and change

configure.compiler      gcc-4.2
configure.compiler      apple-gcc-4.2

Once you've done that and saved you _should_ be able to compile kde.
Hopefully.
Maybe. :-)