[KDE/Mac] apple-gcc42-devel

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 21:45:25 CET 2009

On Mar 3, 2009, at 4:24 AM, Janus wrote:

> 2009/3/3 Janus <janus at rtfm.org.ar>:
>> 2009/3/3 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>:
>>>

>>> On Mar 2, 2009, at 4:06 PM, Janus wrote:
>>> snip

>>> Now use the uninstallation script provided with the xcode 2.5 dmg to
>>> uninstall xcode 2.5 from you're machine.
>>
>> In the dmg I didn't find any uninstaller.
>> In /Developer, I have 2 at /Developer/Library:
>> uninstall-developer-folder and uninstall-devtools. Should I use one
>> of
>> them?
>
> I used uninstall-devtools and it works as expected (I think)
>
>>> Then delete /Developer if it's still there.
>>> Then restart the machine.
>>> Then reinstall Xcode 2.5 (yes, reboot first)
>
> Done.
> qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc --version
> powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc.
> build 5370)
> This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
> is NO
> warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
> PURPOSE.
>
> qcgs-computer-batc:~ janus$ gcc-4.2 --version
muahah!
*ahem*
Now for the magic:
sudo vi /opt/local/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl
and change
"darwin 8" { set compiler gcc-4.0 } to "darwin 8" { set compiler apple-
gcc-4.2 }

then find the line 'apple-gcc-4.0 {'

and either before or after it add the following.

         apple-gcc-4.2 {
             switch -exact ${type} {
                 cc   { set ret ${prefix}/bin/gcc-4.2 }
                 objc { set ret ${prefix}/bin/gcc-4.2 }
                 cxx  { set ret ${prefix}/bin/g++-4.2 }
                 cpp  { set ret ${prefix}/bin/cpp-4.2 }
             }
         }

I just made that up btw.
Not quite sure if it does what I think it does (but we'll find out :-D)

After all that's done, would you mind pastebinning your
portconfigure.tcl file?