[KDE/Mac] Trying to compile Kile on MacOS 10.4.11: Failed at apple-gcc42

Orville Bennett illogical1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 07:08:59 CET 2009

On Feb 28, 2009, at 11:11 AM, Janus wrote:

> 2009/2/28 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>

>>> I don't have any other profile for apple-gcc42 in my macports (I
>>> am in
>>> MacOS 10.4.11)
>> You have to have at least two. Macports comes with apple-gcc42. The
>> Manifesto links to an apple-gcc42 portfile which you have to download
>> and build.
>>

> Are you sure there is an apple-gcc42 for Tiger in macports? Because it
As sure as I am that the port you listed below is the one from
macports :-)

> seems I only have the one I downloaded from the manifesto.
The one you downloaded would not be in macports (unless you manually
placed it in the correct location)
To build the port you downloaded you would 'cd' into the directory
containing your downloaded Portfile and then do 'sudo port install'