[KDE/Mac] Suggestions on Mac OS X, Qt4, and building universal

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 4 16:02:03 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> I'm taking another run at building KDE/Mac native installer packages,
> and this time I'm using the official Qt4 install packages, which put
> QtUiTools in /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Ok.

> The problem I'm running into is that since I'm building universal
> binaries, with a 10.4 SDK, the /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
> directory's /usr/include and /usr/lib don't contain those files, so

I don't really understand.
Do you say that /usr/include and /usr/lib is outside
of /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk or something else ?

> I'm getting this error:
>
> In file included from
> /Users/ranger/rcs/kde/kde-trunk/kdelibs/kjsembed/kjsembed/kjsembed.cpp:30:
> /Users/ranger/rcs/kde/kde-trunk/kdelibs/kjsembed/kjsembed/quiloader_binding
>.h:27:31: error: QtUiTools/QUiLoader: No such file or directory
>
> What do you think is the sanest way to work around this?

Id didn't understand yet in which way this is specific to universal binaries,
but creating symlinks doesn't sound like a too good solution.
Can't we tweak FindQt4.cmake to find them correctly ?

Alex