[KDE/Mac] OSX Unified Toolbar

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 14:53:22 CEST 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 8:36 AM, Orville Bennett wrote:

> Mike Arthur wrote:
>> Has anyone tried to get the OSX unified toolbar stuff working in
>> KDE? (See
>> http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2007/03/11/new-mac-os-x-stuff-for-43/)
>> .
>>
>> I tried a one-line adding of the necessary function to KMailWindow
>> in KDELibs
>> but this makes all the toolbars blank (some complications with
>> KToolbar I
>> guess).
>

> Looks like no one here has tried it. Not much interest I suppose.
> Wish I
> could help more but my plus plus foo is weak and I'm playing w/ my new
> android phone :-D BUT I should have some time to do tedious "need
> people
> not talent" stuff this week. Semi-vacation ;-)

I enabled it for testing on amarok, and it was...interesting. It only
took 1 line of code---that setUnifiedToolbar call or whatever.
However, turns out the Amarok toolbar is really a huge custom widget
embedded in the normal QToolbar, so not only did it look crappy when
embedded in the brushed metal, it also caused 100% cpu :)

that said, if an app just uses a normal QToolbar, it should look ok

leo