[KDE/Mac] kde4 on Tiger using macports

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Sun Jan 11 01:50:24 CET 2009

Am 11.01.2009 um 01:25 schrieb O:

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Jonas Bähr <jonas.baehr at web.de>
> wrote:
>> Am 10.01.2009 um 22:32 schrieb O:

>>> Checked that bad boy in just now.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>> It built fine but I added a no_x11
>>> variant and made it the default instead of deleting x11 support
>>> completely.
>>
>> I don't see any reasons for that (only perhaps for pre-launchd Mac OS
>> (up till 10.3)). Did you test it with x11 support? The way you checkt
> Macports supports 10.3 so i'll put the x11 stuff in a variant. Fair
> compromise?
> Nope didn't test with x11 support. I leave that to the folks who
> actually use it.

Well, in my eyes you should not commit stuff that you did not test.
No X11 support is better then a provided, but not functional X11
support.

>> in this Portfile seems very odd to me. see http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17950#comment
>> :3
> How so?

It enables launchd *and* x11, enables x11 in configure just to disable
it by default via variant, .... It simply seems callow and untested.

What do you think about the following:

normal config: --without-x11; --enable-launchd
x11 variant: --with-x11; --disable-launchd; ui_warn "enabling X11
disables launchd"
post-activate: ui_msg only if not x11

>>> You should request port maintainer rights. :-D
>>
>> Maybe you're right ;-)
> If you were maintainer you could have your way with dbus ;-)

Where should I ask ? ;-)

bye,
Jonas