[KDE/Mac] Trying to compile Kile on MacOS 10.4.11: Failed at apple-gcc42

Janus janus at rtfm.org.ar
Sat Feb 28 17:11:09 CET 2009

2009/2/28 Orville Bennett <illogical1 at gmail.com>

> >> Eh? The instructions from the Manifesto should give you plain gcc-4.2
> >> executables, not gcc-apple-4.2. I think you may have used to
> >> incorrect
> >> portfile (i.e. the one included with macports and not the one from
> >> the
> >> trac ticket). The macports apple-gcc42 port, last I checked, doesn't
> >> build c++ compilers (so you'll get a gcc-apple-4.2 for instance, but
> >> no g++-apple-4.2
> >
> > I don't have any other profile for apple-gcc42 in my macports (I am in
> > MacOS 10.4.11)
> You have to have at least two. Macports comes with apple-gcc42. The
> Manifesto links to an apple-gcc42 portfile which you have to download
> and build.

Are you sure there is an apple-gcc42 for Tiger in macports? Because it
seems I only have the one I downloaded from the manifesto.

$ port list apple-gcc42
apple-gcc42                    @5531           lang/apple-gcc42

$ port info apple-gcc42
apple-gcc42 @5531 (lang)
Variants:    universal

Apple's version of the GNU compiler collection, version 4.2. Supports
C and Objective-C.
Homepage:    http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/gcc-4.2/gcc/

Platforms:            darwin
Maintainers:          mww at macports.org